Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ronald Klassen-Director of Communications, PKR Sabah


This post is in a form of a letter to my cousin, Ronald Klassen.










Ronald Klassen
Director of Communications
Parti Keadilan Rakyat
Sabah

Dear Ronnie,

Making contact after so many years and recalling that first meeting up at that Hokkien mee stall @ Jalan 222, I am sad for you at the recent turn of events.

I remember mentioning that out of respect, I will reserve my comments of your defacto leader Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim, me being on the other side of the political spectrum, a BN supporter albeit with no direct political membership.

You were so full of enthusiasm and zest for PKR. Your sincere devotion to the party and its cause were not lost or missed by me.

Especially that sense of pride in you establishing the Friends of Pakatan Rakyat on Facebook and checking on the numbers every now and then!

Flying all over the peninsular, in all that spare time you had when we met up, you were always busy on the line on party matters. Of course you took the calls privately. But you always mentioned from whom they were from.

Especially so when there were important PKR events.

To cut the chase, I remember telling you as well that being a politician, what was important was the Rakyat. As long as you fought for and had their welfare at heart, you will always have their support.

You replied that you and your family are Sabahans and breathe the same Sabah air as all Sabahans and that is your home. That you will always put the Sabahans rights and welfare foremost in all you do.

Having said all this I do really wonder what Azmin Ali has to say in all this. You never hid your admiration for him apart from DSAI of course.

We have our differences but I am sending this letter of support not to spite the PKR but that their loss will be someone else's gain.

God bless you and your family.

Good luck Cuz
Freddie

No comments: