Friday, April 1, 2011

Religion and Politics-Allah and Alkitab Update

Blogger satD has raised pertinent questions to the Christian community in his blogpost Flirting with Disaster: An Analysis on the Demand for Religious Freedom in Malaysia

He does it in his distinctive "pull no punches" way, when there are serious issues which he feels very strongly, that needs to be put into perspective.

There are many bloggers who articulate well but few with factual information to back their contentions.

In his reply to my comment he posed me thus,

Perhaps some fundamental question we need to address here with respect to the root of the issue.

The late Pope John Paul II, said in 1999 "We Christians joyfully recognize the religious values we have in common with Islam. Today I would like to repeat what I said to young Muslims some years ago in Casablanca: “We believe in the same God, the one God,the living God, the God who created the world and brings his creatures to their perfection”
(Insegnamenti,VII/2, 1985 page 495 quoted during a general audience on May 5, 1999).

Do we Malaysians Muslim and Christian believe in that?

And perhaps I can also ask you another question...If Allah is GOD in Bahasa as how the Church have claimed, then why is Yesus Kristus and Not Isa is used throughout the Bahasa Bible..


This was my response and an insight into my way of thinking,

satD Bro,

This is how I look at Christianity and Islam.

The differences between our religion are Christians believe Jesus to be a God and part of the Holy Trinity.

Muslims believe that Jesus indeed was a prophet but not God and Nabi Muhamad PBUH as the last prophet.

I will admit that the Islamic belief is more logical, for how can a Man be God? But that is what I believe. If I too believe that Nabi Muhamad PBUH is the last prophet, does that make me less a Christian?

It will not make sense to the both of us but to an atheist we BOTH do not make any sense.

If we take away the differences mentioned above, that is without Jesus and the Holy Spirit, do we not believe in the same God? If the answer is no, I cannot and will not argue. That is your belief.

Digressing, Islam bequeaths that non-believers will meet the punishment of hell, It is the same for Christians.

I am unable to accept that. Should a person not professing our faiths, who has lived his life relatively free from sin and is remorseful of any sin upon his death, be condemned to hell?

We can find many statements that all good men will be rewarded in heaven, in the Bible scriptures and teachings of Jesus and correct me if I am wrong in the Holy Koran.

Bro, please remember that this is how I look at religion and life. I cannot speak for others or the afterlife.

I also believe that ALL religions teaches GOOD. Only men make it evil.

To your question, I agree with your posit. My position supports that.

Thank you and I always look forward to your posts.

Regards
Freddie


In that same reply to me satD ended with this statement

Going forward we must find the right model for engagement between these two major religion, I believe we should look at the "A Common Word" Initiative for some reference case in other jurisdiction.Refer here for details http://www.acommonword.com/


What I appreciate in satD is he engages and posts comments, whether you agree with him or not. If you don't, you would be advised to be well prepared.

No comments: