Friday, August 12, 2011

Any Takers For KTM Komuter?



All the attention is on the MAS/AIR ASIA marriage of convenience, here I am stuck at KL Sentral waiting for the train to move.

This fucking service under the MCA tainted Ministry of Transport, has gone from shit to commuters eating shit.

I always had this very strong suspicion that there are elements within KTM Komuter who are deliberately making services deplorable for the users to hate the Govt.

Today is another fiasco and I am blogging at KL Sentral and the situation is fucked up.

Update 13 August

I apologise if my post title was inappropriate and no offence is meant to staff of KTM Komuter. I am referring to the horrible service. I have taken out the offensive word.

Here's the actual experience yesterday.

There was an electrical problem announced somewhere along the line, too angry to recall exactly where.

With that from my original at Bank Negara station to get home to Kepong, bought a ticket and headed to Mid-Valley Station, which I would sometimes do to avoid the rushing and pushing to get on board whenever there is a problem that would entail a longer wait.

The train stopped at the KL Station for more than 10 minutes and I proceeded to call the KTM call center, which I will normally do if the train stopped for more than the normal period of time.

I was informed of the technical problem but I asked why the train was not moving.

About five minutes after that call the train moved to the next station, KL Sentral.

Again the train waited for more than 15 minutes at which time I called the call center again. This time I suggested that the internal train announcement should inform passengers of any delay.

That was when I started to do this post on my Tab.

Five minutes after that, the internal train announcement informed everyone to disembark as the train was not proceeding.

Immediately coming out of the train I took these pictures.

While still blogging, there was a station announcement that the same train was making a U-turn going to Rawang from the same platform 6.

Okay, at least I could get back on that same train to head home.

Now, my daughter who works at Bangsar would normally be at KL Sentral at that time. I called and she was there on the opposite platform.

I told to come over to my side of the platform.

The train doors were closed and we waited. All of a sudden the train just went off.

I then went to the station manager's office, the second time in a week, this same scenario happened the week before.

I can tell you that most of the time, delays most often happen on Fridays.

But this is the second week in a row, on a Friday, a serious disruption of service has taken place.

I informed a staff, En Zahiruddin, that what was being announced was not accurate, the reason for my anxiety and anger.

The staff there, as in the previous week, I must say are always accommodating and courteous but are not in synch with actual happenings. I cannot fathom why.

I will post at another time, what I expressed and transpired last week at the station manager's office.

You see, for me there is no problem. I will take the LRT to Bangsar. I will always call my bro in-law at Bangsar to pick me up at the Bangsar LRT station and my wife to pick me up later.

But for fuck sake, what of those heading home to Rawang or Seremban.

Normal gridlock and delays are the norm but at this puasa month? What about Muslims needing to break their fast?

More later.

Update 14 August

As reported in the Star, 25 July.
"Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (KTMB) will receive its first set of six-car Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) trains in September while another five sets would be shipped by year-end, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha."
Some comfort!

From some material gathered for a post I am considering on KTM Komuter, the above report (states that all 38 sets will be delivered by next year, 2012) and that KTM Komuter is a profitable entity, brings about interesting queries.

Will KTM Komuter be stripped off KTM Bhd, ala Idris Jala MAS, once all the sets have been delivered?

Will there then be takers for KTM Komuter?

Possibilities, scenarios and opportunities are endless, don't you think.

4 comments:

usabukata said...

i used to take ktm komuter in 1995 - 1997. recently a few months back i took ktm komuter from shah alam to kl - kl to shah alam. the services has not improved instead from bad to worse.

i think ktm has no clue how to improve the service. now the double track is being extended. i do not know how they going to cope. we have to invite putrajaya people to come down to see and experience the peak hours rush.

usabukata

Freddie Kevin said...

usabukata,

Thank you for your comment.

I have some material for a post on KTM Komuter which I am considering.

Suffice to say at the moment there will be something from KTM next month.

Please see an update on this post and my comment on of that report.

Regards
Freddie

Anonymous said...

KTM is where the MCA machai making money.. look at the contract value awarded....

Freddie Kevin said...

Anon 16:25,

MCA machai, gurkha, crony or whatever.

KTM Komuter users have been suffering for too long.

Enough is enough.

Waiting for a serious accident to happen, in the all too common daily rush, before the powers that be look into the horrendous state of KTM Komuter service?

Thank you visiting.