My file pics
Here it is.
---------- Forwarded message ----------This is a comment from a reader in response to my post:
From: Freddie Kevin De Souza
Date: 15 March 2012 10:47
Subject: KTM Komuter Deplorable Service and Empty Promises
YB Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha
Minister of Transport
Blok D5,Kompleks D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
YB Datuk Seri Kong,
KTM Komuter Deplorable Service and Empty Promises
I am a daily user of KTM komuter. I humbly implore your good self to give kind attention to the following:
1. I have deep suspicions the deplorable service that is severely inconveniencing commuters travelling daily is an attempt by irresponsible elements within KTMB to affect displeasure at the Government.
2. These suspicions were reinforced when the very next day after the Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had launched the new set of SCS trains 8 March, a very significant date, there was a serious disruption to KTM Komuter services at the peak hours of the morning in the Rawang-Seremban routes both to and fro.
It is too much of a coincidence.
3. It has been a week after the launch of the new SCS trains but the KTM Komuter service has gone from bad to worse. If they are not deliberate acts, then it can only be - INCOMPETENCE, starting at the very top of KTMB.
4. I do not believe that your good self, the hundreds of Transport Ministry officers and the head of KTMB downwards are unaware of the thousands of commuters' daily predicament.
5. The buck stops at your office doorstep, at your Ministry.
6. No more empty promises. The wretched service since the launch has caused so much distress and inconvenience to travelling workers and students and is an insult to the integrity of our Deputy Prime Minister.
7. The rakyat are no longer the meek sheep to takes things sitting down or in this case being crammed, like sardines. We endure herd mentality day in and day out, just to board a train, but rakyat are also no longer stupid, like cows.
8. We should not be treated like animals.
9. Please take immediate action to alleviate our daily misery.
If the tenor of this letter is harsh I do apologise but you deserve it.
Freddie Kevin De Souza
Anonymous said...I have emphasised the following statement "the problem with KTM Komuter is not about the trains. its always about schedule and reliability.." which is exactly my sentiments.
last saturday evening, i was waiting for a train heading to Port Klang and as usual, one of it was cancel. (the announcement said delay.. what delay if the 1906hrs train only arrive at 1936hrs. tht's cancellation to me)..
anyway, others were waiting for the trains to seremban. i dont really know how long they waited but the crowd do show it was looongg.. and then, within 15 minutes, 3 trains coming to KL Sentral and heading to seremban.. one after another. of course, only the 1st train was full to the brim as everyone did not want to wait any longer for something uncertain. the 2nd (apparently an SCS) and the 3rd train, were particularly empty..
the problem with KTM Komuter is not about the trains. its always about schedule and reliability.. when kelana jaya LRT was still operating on 2-coach trains, people don't really complain a lot because during peak hours, they only need to wait for 2-3 minutes. but that is not the case with Komuter.
imagine, KTM have 4 types of services plying the same track. ETS, inter-city, Komuter & cargo. how are they able to cramp all 4 services into one track, i dont really want to know. all i see is DELAY DELAY DELAY..
there was one time, at Batu Tiga station, the announcement said there was delay to the service, at the same time, i saw a cargo train using the track.. slowly moving..
so, the delay was not entirely because of weather, it's partly due to KTMB's own schedule and GREED to take all.
PRIORITY needs to be set. passenger service or cargo service
Is there any Komuter schedule in the first place?
There is no fixed schedule from what I have gathered.
The schedules are haphazard and beyond comprehension, trains to the same destination arriving at the same time as mentioned by Anon reader, and regular Komuter travellers will attest.
And the announcements? They are inaccurate, if your are not so anguished, good for a laugh and most of all unreliable.
I must add The Star is mischievous, it reported yesterday "New trains to increase ridership"
The Transport Ministry and The Star is making mockery and a disservice to our Deputy Prime Minister, when there is no improvement in sight.
Delays are still occurring.
Empty promise, "Steps being taken to improve KTM service"
Another empty promise, KTM Komuter to add 10 new trains this month"?
Folks, those are the new 10 six-coach-sets the Transport Minister is talking about.
I said it before, I won't laugh yet, again.
When my Komuter buddies and me read and talk about all the news reports on KTM Komuter, we have a good laugh, cynical laughs.
Daily, there are 480,000 Komuter travellers. Multiply 480,000 tired and disgruntled commuters by two adults per household and you get close to a staggering 1.5 million with no confidence. That's not counting relatives, sympathetic friends and fellow office workers.
Daily, 1.5 million very, very unhappy people from Rawang to Seremban and Batu Caves to Pelabuhan Klang.