Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim then clarified that "There is no ban and the show should go on as planned"
However The Malaysian Insider maintained it's report with another "KLPAC insists Singapore ballet application was rejected"
Here is where something stinks, in the first TMI report, the grievance was disclosed by the MyDAnce president Bilqis Hijjas but in the later TMI report,
"KLPAC executive producer and co-founder Datuk Faridah Merican explained in a statement here that the application was “personally” submitted to Puspal or the Central Agency for the Application for Filming and Performance by Foreign Artists on March 7 by KLPAC production manager Freddy Tan"If it was KLPAC who made the application and was rejected, why was it in the first report it was the MYDance president who voiced the grievance instead of KLPAC.
"Tan she said was subsequently “advised” by a Puspal officer last Wednesday that the application had been rejected for two reasons – costuming and foreign performers."
"Faridah said that following the permit rejection an appeal was submitted on the same day."
How does MYDance come into the picture anyway?
Surely, since it was The Malaysian Insider who broke the news it would not be beyond TMI to request Datuk Faridah to fax a copy of the "application" and the "appeal letter" which had been rejected, to verify her story.
The SunDaily even had in the (Bernama) report an official of PUSPAL saying "the application for the performance permit had only been made at 12.30pm today".
Why is it when there is something derisory and scandalous of Malaysians, it is The Malaysian Insider or the other portal, which breaks the news?
What I mean, for a personality such as Datuk Faridah, her many friends would have highlighted this issue in the main stream media.