Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tale of a Malaysian Insider Columnist

Not all Malaysian Insider columnists are rabid anti-BN or rabid pro-opposition. There is a columnist, who writes very elaborate and illuminating articles.

One such article I found especially sagacious appeared in the opinion section of the Malaysian Insider this past week.

I do not find him hypocritical and not aver to taking any political position.

I chanced upon of this comment attributed to the columnist:
March 24, 2007 at 11:58 am

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is not much different from sacked Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim.

Anwar Ibrahim is a racist and a bigot who advocates apartheid towards those Malaysian citizens who are non Malays. That’s like Saddam Hussein’s apartheid towards ethnic Kurds.

I am very glad Anwar Ibrahim was sacked from his post as Deputy Prime Minister because if he was not sacked, Malaysia would probably be like Ba’athist Iraq.

p/s I am a libertarian, a green, and a humanist
He is what he says he is.

Mole or real Insider? It befuddled me.

Going by his writings it must have been an honest and considerate opinion.

Blogger note: The above comment could have been made by someone other than the columnist but his blogsite was the name/linked for the comment. That said, I do not doubt he was the author of the comment.

No comments: